Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Blast from the past: Uniformlogy by Tony Wolf(Antonio Lupatelli)

My first uniform book was a coloring book about the American Revolution. But perhaps the strongest effect were the uniform plates Tony Wold (pseudonym of Antonio Lupatelli) did for the book "The Book of History", part of a series of children  books done in many languages . This was written by Giuseppe Zanini and we had the greek version. It was a joy of a book, and together with the series "The Ancient Peoples", probably made me a bookworm. One of my favorite things were the full page uniform plates. These got me interested in uniforms and down the way into military history, military figurines, and in the end wargaming. Here are the full page plates (click for larger picture).

Antiquity

My favorite! WW1

WW2


Medieval 



No comments: